Gilbarco’s nano Nozzle Reader (nNR) reads Orpak’s radio frequency identification (RFID) tags using contactless technology. It uploads the encrypted data over Orpak’s wireless mesh network to the station’s automation systems for refueling authorization. Designed to withstand harsh environments, this compact selfcontained unit fits directly onto the fueling nozzle and requires no wiring or external power source. It features a universal installation kit which fits all common fueling nozzles and clean industrial design that seamlessly blends into the fuel dispenser.
The nano Nozzle Reader is easy to install and transparent to the customer: it is automatically activated when the nozzle is removed from the cradle, initiating a search for Orpak’s Vehicle Identification devices. During the course of the transaction, the nNR continuously monitors the vehicle ID device to ensure that the nozzle is not removed while the pump is dispensing, preventing fraud and misuse. Similar to other ForeFuel components, the nano Nozzle Reader is a secure device, tamper-protected by a dedicated mechanism which detects unauthorized removal deactivating the unit when such an attempt is made.
- Reliable and robust
- Simple to install, service, and maintain Tamper-proof and secure
- Advanced power management capabilities Self-contained with replaceable batteries Certifications: Ex Zone 1, FCC, CE, cLCus
- Designed to withstand harsh environments
- Compact, s elf-contained u nit
- Requires no wiring or external power source.
- Secure tamper protected device